Friday, June 8, 2012

The Eternal Devotion of Sunflowers

"Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that's such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life."
~ Calendar Girls 2003 Movie

Devoted (drawing by C.Fassett)


I once had a dream:

Two beings 
brought me to stand
naked
before God
I fell to my knees
and with eyes 
cast downward
I begged Him
not to look
at my cloak of shame

I felt His hand
cup my chin
and lifting my head
He beckoned me
to stand tall
then asked me
to look at Him

I felt Him bend
to kiss my face
with His Light
and with His Love
reflected
the drape of shame
fell away
and my grateful soul
stood open faced
radiantly smiling

I think...
that's what it's like
to be a Sunflower.

---


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! This first time I read it, doing yoga flashed into my mind. I remember feeling what you described here. I was doing what's called Sun Salutation, and I was outside facing the sun. That was the day I realized the divinity of light. I felt just like a flower, bending toward the light. There was a sense of great unity and flowing exchange of praise and gratitude. You've re-created that moment for me. Thank you!